August 07, 2008

12.5 Hr's And Counting...

I should probably be in bed right now but I'm still trying to piece together the perfect race plan for my first 100 miler. I've spent more than six hours over thinking this thing since yesterday, and I know full well that this plan will most likely go to hell before I even finish my first lap!!

I don't remember the last time I was so excited to race. I know I put my time in, my body feels great, nothing major bothering me, and very few minor 'niggles' to even mention. As long as my stomach co-operates I have set some pretty high goals for myself here...but first and foremost, just to finish...just to finish.

Wish me luck.
GR

5 comments:

The Chaser said...

Good Luck Mr Robbins. Let the wings of 1000 eagles carry you swiftly to the finish. Just picture the eagles in the "tired moments".

LOL.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Gary :) Just finish it eh?
Erika

Leslie said...

ovekeith
Rock the Casbah, Gary!

I did two circuits of Corey Pass in your honor today!

Leslie said...

Oooops.
Don't know what that is....
"ovekeith"

Baldwin said...

Well, I guess it's safe to say you did more than finish. You beat the course record by FOUR hours. You were already heading into Crumpit woods when I hit Powerhouse for the first time. Damn!

Congrats!