December 17, 2007

Powder Day!!








Wow it's been almost a week since I posted already, time flies when you're having fun I guess!

Just got in from my first 'resort' day in nearly 1.5 years. The snow in Whistler was amazing with 25cm's fresh, and some areas wind loaded with 40+. I must say that even though I had not skied like that in over a year my legs held up amazingly well. I guess all that running, biking and core work really has paid off!

About half way through the day, while I and everyone around me was hooting and hollering at the incredible conditions, I realized that many of my greatest memories are thanks to the snow. How almost all of my favorite life experiences have revolved around mountains. I am truly at home in the mountains, for it is a playground for grown ups...grown ups who refuse to grow up. Long live the kid inside all of us.

GR

No comments: