October 02, 2007

MOMAR Cumberland



The final Adventure Race of the season happened this past weekend, well of my season at least. The Mind Over Mountain Adventure Race, (MOMAR) an annual three race series, concluded in Cumberland on Vancouver Island. Todd and I managed to pull off a first in the eight year history of the MOMAR, a series sweep!

Todd and I won our first MOMAR together in Squamish in May. We followed that up by winning our second in Shawnigan Lake in July, and finished it off this past weekend in Cumberland. The competition was fierce, the weather a bit nasty, and the course was great. We just broke the four hour barrier and managed to hold off some late charges from the top solo racers. A race report will follow, eventually, but for now I am doing something that I have not done in months...I'm going to lay down and enjoy a movie.

GR

No comments: