March 03, 2014

GR + EC Coaching Services

I've had good interest over the last few years from people inquiring about if I offer coaching services, but I've always politely declined and passed along contact details for others who specialize in doing so. I myself have created a handful of coaching programs in the past for close friends, and I've always enjoyed the process, especially watching those runners achieve their personal running goals.

The main reason I've never seriously entertained the run coaching business is because I'm acutely aware of just how much work is involved in it all. I know I have a passion for it, but I also know that while coaching you absolutely need to be all in, and as such I always held back as I realize it has to be all or nothing for it to be fully beneficial to the people you're training.

Enter into the fray my good friend Eric Carter, who's currently a PhD student studying the effects of altitude on elite endurance athletes. Eric also has his masters in Kinesiology and is a pretty accomplished endurance athlete himself.

Eric and I have gotten to know each other quite well over the last twelve months and for most of the winter season we've discussed at length how we should go about entering into coaching as a team, bringing our complimentary skill sets and years of hard earned knowledge together to offer up the best possible end product.

We are both very excited to announce that we'll be working together as a coaching tandem. We'll be offering two levels of coaching, a one-on-one personalized service, or a a one time purchase of a 20 week training plan that would be slightly customized towards your first 50k or 50m race, whether that be the Squamish 50 or the Knee Knacker.

Since this is our first time working together on this we have decided to open up with a limited capacity of just ten one-on-one clients.

Programs will officially start on March 15th with the application process now open.

If you have any questions whatsoever please do not hesitate to contact us. Whether we become a part of your training process or not, I wish you all the best in your forthcoming racing goals!

GR

No comments: