July 24, 2008

Will This Be A Blast, Or Will It Blow?



Seems blogging has its benefits. I got a call late last night from a few friends who read that I was not racing the MOMAR this weekend. They have planned a round Mount Saint Helens run for this coming weekend, leaving North Van after work tomorrow. Apparently the run is about 30 miles or 50k and there is still quite a bit of snow on sections of it...obviously I jumped at the chance to do this and am super excited about running some new terrain with some good friends! Should be an adventure either way!





GR

5 comments:

The Chaser said...

wow..very cool. I have to imagine that is a LONG way.

garobbins said...

I've been told the drive time is about 6hr, minus border delays, but that remains to be seen!

Anonymous said...

Well Gary- if it makes you feel any better I, too, have had to skip the shawnigan MOMAR... I broke my ankle at work on Thursday and am awaiting surgery to have plates and pins put in... Guess it serves me right for picking on you!!!
Erika :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary,

How'd the Mt St Helens run go? When did you hit the snow line?
Talk to ya soon,

Mr. Sleepmonsters.ca

garobbins said...

-HOLY CRAP Erika, now THAT'S what I call a good excuse not to race! Hope the recovery goes well.

-Doug, we camped in the snow, but had very little issue with it otherwise. One tough trail, that's for sure. Will post all about it tomorrow.